TechsmARTs is a bi-monthly meet-up for artists & arts administrators on using technology as a tool for organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Scroll down to see an archive of past TechsmARTs events.
The multi-pronged mission of TechsmARTs:
- To discuss and learn about national technology trends and issues.
- To find out what is happening in other cities and how we can adapt and improve upon those solutions.
- To provide a forum to discuss ways of managing and developing technology for artists & arts organizations.
- To empower the arts field with the knowledge and understanding of technology to increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
Next Meeting: The Next Evolution in Crowdfunding
April 15, 2013
Guest Speaker: Susan Perrilloux Billeaud
Crowdfunding or microfinance has been around, arguably for centuries, though the advent of social media has certainly eased the ability with which projects gain access to large amounts of capital from similarly large numbers of contributors. Further, recent changes in U.S. laws promise to take what has been largely gratuitous activity and make it a routine way for organizations to raise substantial funds for well-marketed projects. This session will walk you through the three principal ways organizations can use crowdfunding to finance their projects and how changes in U.S. laws could double the availability of equity capital in the world this year.
Time: 11:00 AM
Place: C4 Atlanta’s FUSE Arts Center, 115 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Atlanta, GA 30303
Susan is a member of the Membership Committeee of the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers (GAWL) and served on the Certification Committee of the Greater Women’s Business Council in 2009. Susan earned her juris doctor cum laude in 2000 at the Cumberland School of Law, Samford University. She actively practices in Georgia and is also licensed but currently inactive in Alabama, Louisiana, and Texas. She is an avid writer and speaker on a variety of business law and asset protection topics. She practices primarily in North Druid Hills and Decatur.
Notes and Presentations from Previous Meetings
February 5, 2013
Guest Speaker: Jenny Munn, SEO Copywriter
Topic: SEO on a Budget
Notes and Materials TBA
December 5, 2012
Guest Speaker: Stuart Shapiro, Binders Art Supplies and Frames
Topic: Engaging a Community with Twitter
Using Twitter – Stuart Shapiro PDF
October 19, 2012
Guest Speaker: Melanie Collins Analogy Marketing
Hosted by: Foundation Center Atlanta
Topic: Digital Marketing
Digital Advertising – Melanie Collins PDF
February 22, 2012
Hosted by: The Center for Puppetry Arts
Topic: Video Production
Blog Report (Includes audio, plus videos mentioned throughout the presentations)
Tutorial: Synchronizing Audio and Video in iMovie
December 8, 2011
October 26, 2011
- Dr. Patricia Nobbie, Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Valerie Suber, Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Nikki Strickland, North Fulton Drama Club
- Elizabeth Labbe-Webb, VSA Arts of Georgia
- Panel Moderator: Douglas Scott, Full Radius Dance
Topic: Reaching Patrons with Disabilities
Guest Speaker: Russell Sauve, E-Commerce & Social Media Manager, Fox Theatre
Topic: Advanced Social Media
Panel Discussion, featuring:
- Nicole Jones, Assistant Director of the Digital Services Department for Public Broadcasting Atlanta
- Ron Evans, founder of Group of Minds, a California-based Arts Marketing and Technology Consulting Firm
- David Dombrosky, Executive Director of the Center for Arts Management and Technology, an applied research center at Carnegie Mellon University
Guest Speaker: Brandon Sheats, of National Black Arts Festival
Topic: Creating a mobile app for an arts organization
Guest Speaker: Amy Ellis, Head of Integrations and Partnerships at MailChimp
Topic: Creating a communications ecosystem across email and social media
Guest Speaker: Park Cofield, Center for Puppetry Arts
Topic: Social Media Platforms
Guest Speaker: Jenna Knight, Ferst Center for the Arts
Topic: Georgia Tech’s Artist-in-Residency Program