The mission of C4 Atlanta, Inc. (“C4”) is to connect arts entrepreneurs to the people, skills and tools they need to build successful artistic careers in metro Atlanta. C4 believes that Atlanta’s diversity is a fundamental strength, and that C4’s mission is best fulfilled by embracing diversity as both a value and a practice. This means that in all aspects of its operations and at all levels of the organization, C4 will work to ensure that there is no discrimination on the basis of, but not limited to, age, disability status, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender identity, sex, race, political affiliation, nationality, religion, and sexual orientation.
C4 further maintains that achieving diversity requires an enduring commitment to inclusion, which, in turn, must find full expression in C4’s organizational culture, governance practices, hiring procedures, values, norms, and behaviors. To this end, C4 will permit interested individuals of all backgrounds to have access to C4’s services, employment, governance structures, and volunteer opportunities. At all times, C4 shall remain committed to diversity and inclusion in its services and programs, and shall strive to ensure that:
- The Board and staff of C4 reflect the rich diversity of the Atlanta metropolitan area;
- C4 shares its commitment to diversity as a value and a practice with its current and potential donors, while also encouraging those same donors to consider and embrace these values;
- Discriminatory or oppressive behavior is not tolerated by C4, its volunteers, and its partners in the Atlanta community;
- Individuals who engage with C4 for services are valued participants who have opportunities to shape and evaluate C4’s programs;
- Community programs and services are developed and delivered in a manner that is sensitive to the needs of diverse groups, thereby encouraging full participation and access;
- Services are provided with sensitivity to the influence of power and privilege in all relationships, including service relationships, and are delivered in keeping with anti-oppression and inclusion principles; and
- Communication materials present a positive and balanced portrayal of people’s diverse experiences.
This policy is intended to act as a positive force for diversity, equity, and inclusion for both C4 Atlanta and the Atlanta arts community.