Lotus SEEDs: The Future of Tradition is a fiscally sponsored artist project of C4 Atlanta, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts service organization.
Lotus SEEDs: The Future of Tradition
Lotus SEEDs (Self-Esteem, Education, and Empowerment through Dance) is an affiliate of a national program founded by Myra Krien — a unique opportunity for pre-teen and teen girls to experience dance in a body-positive environment while building life and relationship skills that will serve them for years to come!
Following the success of our Winter/Spring 2016 pilot session, we are eagerly anticipating the opportunity to expand our reach through during our Fall 2016 session! Our goal is to offer three class levels in order to serve girls ages 4-7, 8-12, and 13-18.
Your much-appreciated donation helps us to be able to include every girl, regardless of financial status and ability to pay. You can help us reach the next generation and foster artistic and personal development in local teens!
Our funding goal for this campaign covers our basic needs for space rental and class time for the session.
Our full funding need for the session is $10,000.00, and we’re seeking additional funding sources to help us be fully funded to allow all students to enroll with subsidized tuition.
YOU can enable us to reach girls in Atlanta with dance!
Our supporters make it possible for the Lotus SEEDs program to help young women:
- Find their own voice and be able to listen to it.
- Have better self-esteem and confidence.
- Be able to plan and achieve goals, generate choices, create options, resources and support.
- Be ready to face financial independence.
- Have respect, appreciation and be able to care for their own bodies.
- Respect, appreciate and be able to care for others in community.
- Respect and appreciate diversity and culture.
Check out the video below for more information on the impact of SEEDs!”
Begins: January 4, 2016
Ends: May 31, 2017