Date/Time: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 – 3:00PM-4:30PM
Price: FREE, and Open to the Public. However, you must register to attend (see below)
Location: ONLINE via Zoom!
C4 Atlanta, in partnership with The Actors Fund and The Health Initiative, present COVID-19 Concerned: Insurance Edition. This informational workshop will be lead by Renata Marinaro, LMSW, National Health Services Director for The Actors Fund and Amir Jones of the Health Initiative. COVID-19 has caused many to lose healthcare, have income changes or get interested in getting covered. Renata and Amir will share information regarding options for artists who have experienced changes to income or healthcare from COVID-19 and where they can find help locally in navigating their healthcare options.
Questions answered during this session include:
- Can I sign up for healthcare if I don’t have it already? What are my options?
- Does losing wages/income affect my healthcare options?
- What do I do if I lost my healthcare through my employer or union because I was laid off?
- Are short-term plans or faith-share plans a good alternative if I don’t already have insurance?
- Where can I find help in Georgia to understand my options for healthcare?
Please note: Content in this workshop is provided for educational and informational purposes only, and should not be construed as an alternative to working with a social worker, health insurance navigator or other insurance professional.