Date/Time: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 – 11:00AM-12:30PM
Price: FREE, and Open to the Public. Please RSVP below as space is limited.
Location: Fuse Arts Center
C4 Atlanta, in partnership with The Actors Fund, present Tricks of the Trade: How to Tell A Good Health Insurance Plan from a Bad One. This course will be lead by Renata Marinaro, LCSW, National Health Services Director for The Actors Fund. Confused about health insurance? Didn’t get coverage for 2019, but having second thoughts? Wondering about plans that seem too good to be true? This workshop is designed to help artists gain a better understanding of health insurance in a changing landscape.
Questions answered include:
- Is there a penalty for being uninsured in 2019?
- Are pre-existing conditions still covered?
- I’m going to lose my coverage through my union – what can I do besides COBRA?
- What are the pros and cons of faith-based plans?
- What are the pros and cons of short-term plans?
- How do I protect myself from junk insurance plans?
For more about The Actors Fund, please visit: actorsfund.org
Please note: Content in this workshop is provided for educational and informational purposes only, and should not be construed as an alternative to working with a social worker, health insurance navigator or other insurance professional.