Date/Time: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 – 10:30AM-1:30PM
Price: $35 for non-members; $25 for C4 Atlanta members
Location: Fuse Arts Center
Storytelling for Your Artist Brand is a three-hour workshop led by Shannon M. Turner, storyteller and story coach. Shannon will work with participants to cultivate their true, personal stories as a technique for broadening their artistic brand, strengthening leadership, and improving their confidence for public speaking. Participants will emerge from this experience with new resources and connections from the true, personal storytelling movement and research, as well as the outline of one personal story for sharing to use for their arts business.
Participants will gain a better understanding of:
- How to apply professional moments for storytelling in art business and leadership.
- The power of personal narrative and why it matters in today’s arts and business worlds.
- How to experiment with the line of your story and how creative approaches to plotline can bring new light to a story and its theme.
- Experimenting with character and theme.
- The practice of deep listening and how it benefits more than just your storytelling capacity.
- Key storytelling concepts including: vulnerability, floodlighting, and cultural co-optation.