THe 2016 Atlanta unified auditions have come and gone…
Check back in November for the 2017 Atlanta Unified Audition & Designer Meet & Greet applications, guidelines, and more. Stay connected by joining our email list!
The Unified Auditions are the annual Atlanta professional theatre auditions which allow Equity, qualifying Non-Equity and Emerging artists, 18 years and older, to audition before Atlanta area & regional theatre companies.
The Unified Designer Meet & Greet is the Designer, Technician, Stage Manager, and Musician opportunity for resume and portfolio submissions to the same Atlanta area & Regional theatre companies.
Audition times are limited and all participants must submit an application and resume with Membership Dues to be considered for an audition slot. Please use the provided links to view Equity, Non-Equity and Emerging artists requirements, and to access the online applications.
- Unified Auditions: Auditions will take place from 10:00am to 4:15pm on Monday, March 14th and from 10:00am to 4:00pm on Tuesday, March 15th.
- Unified Designer/Technician Meet & Greet: The Designer Meet and Greet is optional for all designers and technicians. All resumes submitted will be provided to participating theatres. The in-person Designer Meet will take place Monday, March 14th from 12:00pm to 1:15pm. Additional information can be found on the “Designer Meet & Greet” page.
- All applicants are required to hold a C4 Atlanta Membership. Memberships are $40 for the year, and you can register for this membership during the application process. Please note that Atlanta Performs memberships do no exempt you from the required C4 Atlanta membership.
- All applicants MUST meet the Unified’s minimum resume requirements. These requirements can be found in the “Resume” section.
- 10% discount on C4 Atlanta professional development programming and courses
- Invitations to artist potlucks and networking events throughout the year
- Monthly Member newsletter highlighting calls for artist, exhibition opportunities, and local events
- Free workshop opportunities throughout the year
- Local Discounts to business and locations all over town
- Cross Membership opportunities with MOCA Georgia and Wonderroot
- Fractured Atlas Associate Membership: access to liability insurance, healthcare plans & online training
- Access to apply for Kaiser Permanente Bridge Program
- Equity Resumes: Equity members are required to submit a resume, but there are no minimum requirements. Instead, to qualify for an Equity Audition slot, you must be a card-carrying member of Actor’s Equity Association. You will be required to upload and image of your card, and your membership with AEA cannot have lapsed. If you do not meet this criteria, or you are a Membership Candidate (EMC) you may apply as a Non-Equity candidate.
- Non-Equity Resumes: Non-Equity applicants must have a minimum of five (5) full stage production credits from community or professional companies with a minimum of one qualifying credit from an Equity Theatre. A minimum of seven (7) full stage production credits from community or professional companies is also acceptable.
- Emerging Artist Resumes: Emerging Artist applications must have minimum of five (5) full stage production credits from a college or university production. Please note that these audition are for theatre majors from a college/university or qualifying conservatory program (post high school). All post-graduate students will need a Department Head to complete the Student Credential Verification Letter located at this link: https://c4atlanta.org/unified-auditions/verification
- Please note that credits from TV/Film, readings, workshop or training program productions DO NOT qualify toward the minimum credits required for any submitted resumes.
- Applications and Membership Fees Due: January 15, 2016
- Acceptance Notifications: February 1, 2016
- 50 Printed Headshots & Resumes Due: March 1, 2016
- Unified Auditions (Day 1) & Designer Meet & Greet : March 14, 2016
- Unified Auditions (Day 2) : March 15, 2016
Auditions will be held at Marcus Jewish Community Center, which is accessible to all performers.
Applicants will receive confirmation by email that their application has been received. A CONFIRMATION OF RECEIVED APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN AUDITION SLOT.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit applications early, however the application process is NOT ‘first come – first serve’. All complete applications received prior to the deadline will be considered by the review committee.
Any incomplete application submissions will be notified and given a date to make corrections , after which time, all incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
Applicants with membership payment returned for insufficient funds are responsible to make good on payment plus a $25 administrative fee in order for Individual Membership to be processed & Unified applications to considered.
Applications received after the deadline of January 15, 2015 will NOT be considered under any circumstances.
It is your responsibility to notify Atlanta Performs in writing of any changes to your contact information.
It is your responsibility to notify Atlanta Performs in writing if you are not able to audition and wish to either withdraw your application (prior to deadline) or, if accepted, cancel your audition. Actors who do not notify Atlanta Performs of their cancellation are marked as “no show” and risk not being invited to audition in 2017.
If you are selected to perform at the Unified Auditions, you will be asked to submit approximately 50 headshots/resumes by March 15, 2016. The exact number of headshots required will be included in your acceptance letter. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made for late headshots. Atlanta Performs is not responsible for applications, notices or headshots lost/delayed by mail/delivery service.
- Unified Auditions will now be run by C4 Atlanta not Atlanta Performs. It will be the same quality audition process you have come to expect of Unifieds. If you would like to learn more about this change please read the Letter from C4 Atlanta Executive Director.
- There is a new Designer Meet & Greet scheduled for lunch on the first day of Unified auditions. This is an opportunity for Designers, Technicians, Stage Managers, and Musicians to mingle with representatives and auditors from theatres across Atlanta and the Southeast. For anyone unable to attend the in-person Meet & Greet on Monday, March 14 from 12:00pm to 1:15pm your digital resume and portfolio submissions will be made available to ALL theatres which participated.
- Memberships are now $40 instead of $55. There will be no earlier bird or student rates for C4 Atlanta Memberships.
- 7 Stages
- Actor’s Express
- Academy Theatre
- Alliance Theatre
- Atlanta Shakespeare Company
- Aurora Theatre
- Center for Puppetry Arts
- Cynthia Stilwell Casting
- Dunwoody United Methodist Church
- Essential Theatre
- Fabrefaction Theatre Co.
- Georgia Aquarium
- Georgia Ensemble Theatre
- Gypsy Theatre Company
- Horizon Theatre
- Laughing Matters
- The Legacy Theatre
- Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta
- Marietta’s New Theatre in the Square
- Onion Man Productions
- Out of Box Theatre
- Serenbe Playhouse
- Six Flags Over Georgia
- Springer Opera House
- Stone Mountain Park Entertainment
- Synchronicity Theatre
- Theater Emory
- Theatrical Outfit
- True Colors Theatre
- Working Title Playwrights