THE 2017 ATLANTA UNIFIED AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD ON MARCH 27 & 28 AT THE SOUTHWEST ARTS CENTER PERFORMANCE THEATRE.
The Unified Auditions are the annual Atlanta professional theatre auditions which allow Equity, qualifying Non-Equity and Emerging artists, 18 years and older, to audition before Atlanta area & regional theatre companies.
The Unified Designer Meet & Greet is the Designer, Technician, Stage Manager, and Musician opportunity for resume and portfolio submissions to the same Atlanta area & Regional theatre companies.
Audition times are limited and all participants must submit an application and resume with Membership Dues to be considered for an audition slot. Please use the provided links to view Equity, Non-Equity and Emerging artists requirements, and to access the online applications.
- Unified Auditions: Auditions will take place from 10:00am to 4:15pm on Monday, March 27, 2017 and from 10:00am to 4:30pm on Tuesday, March 28, 2017.
- Unified Designer/Technician Meet & Greet: Attendance in the the Designer Meet and Greet is optional for all designers and technicians who apply. All resumes submitted will be provided to participating theatres regardless of attendance. The in-person Designer Meet will take place Monday, March 28th from 1:00pm to 2:15pm. Additional information can be found on the “Designer Meet & Greet” page.
- Internship & Apprenticeship Opportunity Fair: New to this year’s Atlanta Unified is a networking opportunity for actors and technicians who are interested in professional Internship and Apprenticeship programs. On March 28th from 12pm to 4:00pm, auditing theatres will available in the lobby of the Southwest Arts Center Performance Theatre to answer questions and share information about their internship/apprenticeship programs. This event will be open to ALL C4 Atlanta members and Unified applicants regardless of acceptance into Atlanta Unifieds.
- ALL applicants are required to hold a C4 Atlanta Basic Artist Membership. Basic Artist Memberships are $40 for the year, and you can register for this membership during the application process. All memberships must be active through April 1, 2017. For individuals who paid for membership between November 2015 and February 2016 should renew their membership during the application process.
- All applicants MUST meet the Unified’s minimum resume requirements. These requirements can be found in the “Resume” section of each application page.
Please note: Student Memberships do not qualify for Atlanta Unified Auditions
C4 Atlanta’s Artist membership is specifically created with the working artist in mind. Through our membership program C4 Atlanta connects you to other artists through classes and member gatherings, amplifies your artistic voice through advocacy work, and creates a thriving and healthy arts community. Through networking/exhibition opportunities, local buyers discounts, cross membership opportunities, and our memberships have all the benefits needed to help you grow your artistic career. Check out some of these benefits below:
- supports a local arts advocacy platform for individual artists’ needs
- 10% discount on C4 Atlanta professional development programming and course
- Invitations to artist potlucks and networking events throughout the year
- Monthly Member newsletter highlighting calls for artist, exhibition opportunities, and local events
- Member’s Only Job and Audition Board
- Local Discounts to business including Binders Art Supply and Heal with Crystal
- Cross Membership opportunities with MOCA Georgia and Wonderroot
- Fractured Atlas Associate Membership: access to liability insurance, healthcare plans & online training
- Access to apply for health insurance through the Kaiser Permanente Bridge Program
By becoming a member you demonstrate your commitment as an active participant within Atlanta’s creative economy. Whenever artists like you decide to take steps toward a more sustainable creative lifestyle, the entire community is uplifted.
- Applications and Membership Fees Due: January 15, 2017
- Acceptance Notifications: February 15, 2017
- 50 Printed Headshots & Resumes Due: March 8, 2017
- Unified Auditions (Day 1) & Designer Meet & Greet : March 27, 2017
- Unified Auditions (Day 2) : March 28, 2017
Auditions will be held at Southwest Performing Arts Center, which is ADA compliant and physically accessible.
Applicants will receive confirmation by email that their application has been received. A CONFIRMATION OF RECEIVED APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN AUDITION SLOT.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit applications early, however the application process is NOT ‘first come – first serve’. All completed applications received prior to the deadline that meet minimum requirements will be considered by the review committee.
Due to the volume of applications C4 Atlanta receives, any incomplete application submissions which do not follow provided guidelines will not be considered by the review committee and result in an automatic disqualification of your application.
Applicants with membership payment returned for insufficient funds are responsible for make good on payment plus a $25 administrative fee in order for the Basic Artist Membership to be processed & Unified applications to considered.
Applications received after the deadline of January 15, 2017 will NOT be considered under any circumstances.
It is your responsibility to notify C4 Atlanta in writing of any changes to your contact information.
It is your responsibility to notify C4 Atlanta in writing if you are not able to audition and wish to either withdraw your application (prior to deadline) or, if accepted, cancel your audition. Actors who do not notify C4 Atlanta of their cancellation are marked as “no show” and risk not being invited to audition the following year.
If you are selected to perform at the Unified Auditions, you will be asked to submit approximately 50 headshots/resumes by March 8, 2017. The exact number of headshots required will be included in your acceptance letter. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made for late headshots. C4 Atlanta is not responsible for applications, notices or headshots lost/delayed by mail/delivery service.
- Amber Bradshaw – Working Title Playwrights, Managing Artistic Director
- Toni Hensen – Atlanta Black Theatre Festival, Producing Director & Founder
- Ryan Oliveti – Serenbe Playhouse, Artistic Associate
- Anthony Rodriguez – Aurora Theatre, Co-Founder/Producing Artistic Director
- New Location: The Atlanta Unified Auditions will now be held at the Southwest Arts Center Performance Theatre. This new location offers more room, a warm-up space, and convenient parking for all involved.
- Expanded Designer Meet & Greet: Back at this years Atlanta Unifieds is the Designer Meet & Greet scheduled during lunch on the first day of Unified auditions. For anyone unable to attend the in-person Meet & Greet on Monday, March 27 from 1:00pm to 2:15pm your digital resume and portfolio submissions will be made available to ALL auditing theatres which participated. Now with a new host location C4 Atlanta will be able to expand this program to allow for a more comfortable, yet professional atmosphere in which designers, stage managers, technicians, musicians, etc. have the opportunity to network with representatives and auditors from theatres across Atlanta and the Southeast.
- Internship & Apprenticeship Opportunity Fair: New to this year’s Atlanta Unified is a networking opportunity for actors and technicians who are interested in professional Internship and Apprenticeship programs. On March 28th from 1:00pm to 4:00pm, auditing theatres will available in the lobby of the Southwest Arts Center Performance Theatre to answer questions and share information about their internship/apprenticeship programs. This event will be open to ALL C4 Atlanta members and Unified applicants regardless of acceptance into Atlanta Unifieds.
Full membership payment is required to along with completed application and resume submission to be considered. Membership fees are not refundable under any circumstances. For any artist who applies and isn’t accepted into an audition slot, please note that your resume and headshot will be made digitally available to all auditors and theatres who participated in Unifieds 2017. You will also be invited to visit with companies which offer Internship or Apprenticeship programs on second day of Unifieds. Additionally, you will maintain all additional benefits associated with C4 Atlanta’s Artist Membership.
- 7 Stages
- Academy Theatre
- Actor’s Express
- Alliance Theatre
- American Stage
- Art Station
- Atlanta Shakespeare Company
- Aurora Theatre
- Centre Stage
- Children’s Theatre of Charlotte
- Dunwoody Methodist Church
- Essential Theatre
- Gabie Entertainment, LLC
- Georgia Aquarium
- Georgia Ensemble Theatre
- Horizon Theatre
- Laughing Matters
- Onion Man Productions
- Out of Box
- Out Front Theatre Company
- Serenbe Playhouse
- Springer Opera House
- Six Flags Over Georgia
- Synchronicity theatre
- Teller Productions
- Theatre Emory
- Theatrical Outfit
- Working Title Playwrights