WHAT IS THE UNIFIED’S DESIGNER MEET & GREET?
This is a new, unique opportunity for theatre designers, technicians, stage managers, and musicians to spend one on one time networking with Artistic Directors and Technical Directors from professional theatres across Atlanta and the Southeast. The Meet & Greet will take place from 12:00pm to 1:15pm during lunch on Monday, March 14th.
Similar to speed dating, each accepted participant will be given 4 feet by 2 feet of table space to display or present materials related to your technical theatre profession. This can include scale models, portfolios, prompt books, resumes, business cards, etc. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide all materials for their table.
All designer/technical resumes and applications will be submitted to ALL participating Unified theatres regardless of whether you’re accepted to participate at the in-person Meet & Greet.
Technicians, Designers, and post-graduate students will have different criteria for acceptance. Please thoroughly review the eligibility requirements below.
DESIGNER & TECHNICIAN ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Consideration is given to applications submitted by any Designer, Technician, Stage Manager, or Musician who is 18 years or older as of February 1, 2016.
Recent college/university graduates who are 18 years and older as of February 1, 2016 may apply for the Unified’s Designer Meet & Greet using credits from school productions in order to meet the minimum resume criteria outlined below.
Please note that student/post-grad submission are for theatre technicians and designer majors from a college/university or qualifying conservatory program (post high school).
- The Designer Meet & Greet will be held at the Marcus Jewish Community Center, which is accessible to all performers.
- Digital acceptance letters will be distributed no later than February 1, 2016
If you are selected to join the Designer Meet & Greet, you will be asked to bring your own supplies and materials for your display
- If accepted you will be provided with:
- 4 feet of table to set up your “booth”. Please note you will be sharing a table with another designer/technician so please be aware of how many items you bring
- A nametag and name plate for the table
- It is highly encouraged that you bring resumes, business cards, and a single portfolio for display if available
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org